This week, we were tasked with creating magazine layouts. On the surface, this seems rather innocuous. But the devil is always in the details. The specifics were to create two layouts of the same article for the same target audience, and work to pair fonts together.
I chose one of the pre-selected options, read it and did my best to identify the target audience. Then I endeavored to develop two unique concepts that would appeal to the same audience, while attempting to pair fonts that worked in conjunction with one another. Gee, when I write it all out, I’m surprised I managed to come up with anything! It feels even more daunting than when I did it!
While I absorb that revelation, enjoy the first layout I created.